Wake up to this delicious, low-carb keto breakfast: hearty cauliflower pesto rice topped with a fried egg, diced avocado, and fresh spinach.
Can’t think of a better way to start the day! Some mornings need a tasty and tasty breakfast to get through the day. And these mornings, make a big bowl of this cauliflower pesto rice.
It’s so easy to make with a high-speed blender, it tastes great and it’s also low in carbs thanks to the fiber-rich cauliflower rice that makes you feel full without increasing your blood sugar.
Topped with a sunny egg, avocado, and fresh spinach, this gorgeous breakfast bowl is your fuel to conquer every day.
The classic pesto recipe uses pine nuts, but since pine nuts are often more expensive, this recipe uses walnuts. However, you can use pine nuts if you prefer.
Tip: Use store-bought cauliflower rice for faster meal prep. If you’re in a rush and don’t fancy having to process cauliflower florets into rice, there’s an easy store-bought solution that will make this already simple recipe even easier. No need to stress over making your own cauliflower rice!
Keto Pesto Cauliflower Rice Bowl
- High-speed blender
- Large pot
- 1 large head cauliflower, florets only (or 3 cups cauliflower rice)
- 2 cups basil leaves
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 T minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup spinach leaves
- ½ cup diced avocado
- Ground black pepper, for sprinkling
- Process the cauliflower florets in a high-speed blender until you get a fine, rice-like texture. Set the riced cauliflower aside and rinse the blender.
- Place the basil leaves, walnuts, nutritional yeast, minced garlic, olive oil, water, and salt in the blender and blend well until you get a thick, smooth pesto.
- Combine the pesto and riced cauliflower in a large pot over medium heat and stir well, allowing it to cook for at least 8 to 10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- As the cauliflower rice is cooking, fry two eggs sunny side up.
- Divide the pesto cauliflower rice evenly between two bowls, and top each bowl with a sunny side up egg, a handful of spinach leaves, and diced avocado. Sprinkle ground black pepper over the top and serve.