Drink this green smoothie to nourish your thyroid with the healthy fats, antioxidants, and minerals it needs!
The Key Components Of A Thyroid-Boosting Smoothie
This green smoothie has all the best foods for your thyroid. Let’s start with a base of greens like kale and spinach for a hefty dose of zinc and magnesium. We recommend against Swiss chard and cruciferous greens, which contain goitrogens that could hamper thyroid function.
Next, we throw in a bit of nutty almond butter and creamy coconut milk for protein and healthy fat. We use frozen pineapple for immune-boosting vitamin C and antioxidants. Plus, this extra sweet fruit also helps to balance out the bitter taste of the greens. Finally, we throw in a little flaxseed for extra fiber and even more healthy fat!
Helpful Tips To Get You Started:
- Drink up. Be sure to consume this drink within 24 hours to reap its full benefits.
- Any dairy-free milk works. You can use unsweetened almond or cashew milk instead of coconut milk if you’d prefer.
- Mix it up. You can customize this smoothie with other thyroid-friendly ingredients like berries, banana, and avocado.
The Green Smoothie That Nourishes Your Thyroid
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen chopped pineapple
- 2 T almond butter
- 1 T flax seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse on high speed for 20 seconds.
- Divide between two glasses and enjoy!