These mini keto Brussels sprout sliders are the perfect snack or breakfast to fuel hunger with protein and fiber!
Slider buns get a veggie makeover, ditching the bread in favor of roasted Brussels sprouts. The vibrant sprouts are first roasted to tenderize and lightly brown the outside before being topped with a slice of hardboiled egg and smoky bacon! These 4-ingredient sliders are a great post-workout snack or breakfast to pack in big flavor in a small portion.
When looking for Brussels sprouts, choose the largest ones you can find so they can be topped with the hardboiled egg. Pasture-raised bacon adds meaty goodness and breakfast appeal to the recipe. Hardboiled eggs are a less messy way to add an egg and a dose of protein. The eggs can be prepared a day or two in advance for easy assembly.
When it comes to bacon, look for a pasture-raised variety with no added sugar or preservatives to keep the recipe keto and Paleo-friendly.
Brussels sprouts can become a mini slider for just about anything you can fit in a burger or sandwich with a little bit of planning. Mini beef hamburgers, sautéed onions, grilled mushrooms, and even deli meat can be used to make mini, two-bite Brussels sprout sliders.
- Brussels sprouts should be roasted long enough to tenderize them so they are easier to eat.
- Allow five extra minutes of baking if they are still tough after 20 minutes.
- The sliders are best eaten right after assembling for the best flavor and texture.
- This recipe can easily be doubled to serve a crowd.
Keto Brussels Sprouts Sliders
- Medium baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 4 toothpicks
- 4 large Brussels sprouts
- 1 t avocado oil
- 2 strips pasture-raised bacon, cooked
- 1 large hardboiled, pasture-raised egg
- Heat the oven to 375ºF and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise. Combine the Brussels sprouts in a medium mixing bowl and drizzle with avocado oil. Use your hands to gently coat the sprouts with oil. Pour onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut the bacon strips into 4 pieces to create 8 small pieces of bacon. Place one Brussels sprout, cut side up, on a plate and top with a hardboiled egg slice and 2 pieces of bacon. Top with the other Brussels sprout half. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining Brussels sprouts. Enjoy right away.