What is Dry Brushing?
Dry brushing is an old practice that is becoming increasingly popular. I found out a few months ago while surfing Pinterest.
So I decided to buy one and see if it was as good as promised!
Well, he did it!
After using mine for a few weeks, I liked it so much that I also bought one for my mother. She told me it was one of the best things I have ever bought for her. That’s exactly what he says.
It not only exfoliates the skin but also detoxifies the lymphatic system.
What are the Benefits of Dry Brushing?
Here are 7 Benefits of Dry Brushing:
Exfoliates Dry Skin – dry brushing removes dead skin cells, making the skin look and glow more youthful.
Reduces Cellulite – dry brushing stimulates cells that promote blood circulation and break down toxins under the skin.
Reduces Stress – dry brushing is similar to massages and helps you relax and relieve anxiety.
Stimulates Lymphatic System – dry brushing helps the skin detoxify and helps the lymphatic system detoxify.
Supports Immune System– dry brushing helps detoxify the body, which in turn supports the immune system.
Unclogs Pores – dry brushing clogs the pores and helps your skin absorb more nutrients.
Improves Circulation – which also expels more toxins, which further reduces cellulite.
How do you Dry Brush?
– First, buy a natural bristle brush with a long handle so you can reach hard-to-reach places like your back.
– It is best to use the brush in the morning before bathing.
– Start with the soles of your feet and brush with long, overlapping strokes towards your core. (Brushing outside the heart is said to cause vascular fractures and varicose veins.)
– It should take about 5 minutes for the whole body (except the face) to be finished. You need a special brush for the face.
– Once you’re done, take a shower.
– Moisten with natural lotion or coconut oil after bathing for better benefits. It’s best to avoid moisturizers that contain chemicals.
– I like to make my own moisturizer with essential oils. I like to add a few drops of each lavender oil, frankincense oil, and grapefruit oil (grapefruit oil has been shown to reduce cellulite) to coconut oil or natural organic lotion.
A dry brush is a perfect gift for your loved one! I like to make a gift basket and fill it with a dry brush, lotion, massage oil, and essential oils like lavender, and if you really want to add a cute bathrobe and diffuser.
Make sure you pin it for later and share it with your friends and family.