Lemon water is a surprisingly healthy and simple internal cleanser to start your day. I certainly noticed a difference when I started drinking the juice of a whole lemon in water in the morning. I really love how the strong taste wakes you up and keeps you going.
Some resources say it’s good to have it in lukewarm or even hot water. I think this way you could use it as a healthier substitute for your morning coffee, but I personally prefer it in filtered water at room temperature. However, it is best not to have it in cold water as it can be a little shock to your digestive system when you are just waking up.
It is also better to use real lemon juice instead of the lemon juice concentrate, as these products usually contain sulfites, a preservative that some people react negatively to. Natural enzymes, antioxidants, and vitamins are also likely to be lost during the manufacturing process. Therefore, look for real lemons to get the best benefits.
There are many health benefits associated with fresh lemon water, with 12 of the best listed below. With a little practice, you can get it back in less than a minute, so there’s no good excuse not to try.
12 Good Reasons to Drink Lemon Water
1. Cold lemon water, especially in the morning, can alleviate or prevent digestive problems such as gas, gas, and heartburn, and stimulate better overall digestion.
2. Lemons have an antiseptic effect and have a strong cleansing effect on the liver, kidneys, and blood. A revised liver in particular affects how good it feels. So if you can easily clean them every morning, it can make a big difference in your daily energy over time.
3. Morning lemon water is a great way to get a good portion of your essential daily vitamin C. They are also a good source of folic acid and minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
4. The high mineral content of lemons makes them alkaline for the body despite their citric acid. In fact, it is not the acidity of food outside the body that determines whether it has an acidic or alkaline effect, but how it is metabolized during digestion.
5. Lemon water helps with excretion and prevents extreme constipation or diarrhea. Another good reason to have it in the morning.
6. It is even said that drinking lemon water is good for improving your skin. The high vitamin C content would help here, but the general cleansing, detoxifying, antibiotic, and antioxidant effects are likely to be even greater.
7. Limonoid glycosides are an interesting flavonoid compound in lemons, some research has shown that they may be effective against cancer. Its protective effect also seems to last much longer in the body than most other natural cancer drugs.
8. Lemon water helps your liver produce more bile to help digest fat. This makes them especially useful if you are planning a hearty fried breakfast after a busy night. And realistically speaking, the nutrients in lemon help clean the head much more than potentially dangerous fats, sausages or bacon.
9. Lemon antibacterial properties can help cure a sore throat. If you have a sore throat, you can prepare a hot lemon drink every two hours. That being said, if you drink lemon water every morning, you probably won’t get any water at all.
Personally, I don’t remember sore throat since I started drinking fresh lemon water.
10. It is also believed that lemon water reduces the amount of mucus and mucus that is produced in the body. If you drink cow’s milk frequently (a big culprit in mucus production), lemon water every morning can help lower the level of mucus in your body.
11. Many weight loss resources mention the fat-burning benefits of lemon water and its citric acid.
You would be careful with too many miraculous claims: you should always avoid the types of foods that make you fat, exercise well, and ideally change the frequency of your meals to one that improves the potential for weight loss. But lemon water is definitely a beneficial addition. any plan to reduce body fat.
12. Lemon water is a great first thing in the morning to reduce bad breath. Rich antioxidants and antibiotics can also help reduce body odor over time. There are really many good reasons to start the day with freshly squeezed lemon juice in a glass of water.
A glass of cool lemon water first thing in the morning can have many health benefits. Even the busiest person should be able to find time for this simple step to health and energy.
As with any new habit, I suggest that you try it each morning for at least two weeks and see how you feel. I would love to hear your thoughts and results in the comments below.